I am 9 days in to #Vlogmas2016 and I’m pleased to say I have kept up and posted a video each day; even more pleased to say I have been really enjoying it.
If you don’t know what #Vlogmas is it’s a hashtag challenge to post a YouTube video every day of December in the lead up to Christmas. As you may have seen in my first Vlogmas blog post I’m brand shiny new to YouTube so I do feel I’ve taken up a challenge, but a fun one.
I’m pleased to say that I have already learned a lot. From simply navigating my way around a new social media platform – YouTube – to getting used to editing my videos it has been a great learning process. Once I put my mind to something, especially a new project, I can become quite obsessed with it quite quickly. But it’s usually because I am enjoying it so much, and this has been the way with Vlogmas too.
Some things I have learned from week one of Vlogmas are:
- Discovering brilliant free music on YouTube audio library
- Making my first day-in-the-life video
- Playing about with some techniques like sped-up footage
- Time spent editing has reduced from 3hrs to one.
Some of my video highlights for me were:
- My daughter calling the baby a “fuss-butt”.
- Rich making me laugh telling me what we were having for lunch.
- The sunlight streaming in through the window as I said “Kesed church”.
- Beg’s off the cuff “Myah from MyahzineTV” song.
- The baby eating/screeching at his sock on day 9’s vid
- A happy coincidence of a picture of my friends featuring on a screenshot of a charity.
I’ve made up a 4 min highlight reel of the first week of Vlogmas so you can get a taster of what my YouTube channel is like. Coming up I have videos of Beg writing her Christmas wishlist, a very festive trip to the garden centre with my mum and baby’s first Christmas party (which was just the cutest thing ever), more days-in-the-life because I think they are my favourite and possibly another shopping haul. Have a look at the short highlight vid below and come over to my YouTube channel to see the rest of my Vlogmas vids.
Let me know if you are doing vlogmas too in the comments below so I can come and check you out and which kind of video you enjoy watching the most or what you would like to see me do a video about? Days in the life? Hauls? Let me know. 🙂